Performing back roll to a handstand is a pretty cool exercise by itself, but it’s also very beneficial for those looking to improve their back handsprings. Make sure to learn how to perform a handstand first and master basic rolls before you attempt this move.
- Get use to doing regular forward and back rolls. Tumbling and Acrobatics Starter Package contains everything you need to learn these basic moves.
- Move up to higher rolls and get comfortable with them. You’ll know you’re ready for the next step once you start using your legs to kick up, instead of relying on arms strength.
- Push-up harder with your arms while rolling back while trying to gain control, but do not attempt to get into a handstand yet.
- Instead of going straight for the rollback to handstand, roll forward OUT of the handstand and then practice rolling back to the handstand
- The last step is to master syhronizing kick-up with the pushing up of the arms.